Trestleboard – June 2021
Kemper-Macon Ware Lodge No. 64 A.F. & A.M.
- Message from the Master
- Message from the Secretary
- Upcoming Events
- Masonic Birthdays
Message from the Master
Friends and Brothers,
Thank you to everyone who attended our June sauna lodge Stated Communication. The air conditioning was out for the evening, but we had a great time anyway. In fact, given the positive reception, I’m considering holding another one. Shall we keep the A/C off for our next Stated? It should be even warmer in July.
Jokes aside, it reminded me that we have something unique going on at KMW. Somehow, despite all we have been through over the past year and a half, we are coming out of Covid 19 stronger than ever. The energy and excitement are palpable. You have certainly inspired me with it. Our events are well-attended, we are making fraternal visits, and are on track to win the Hillman award again this year. But it goes deeper than ticking the boxes. Our brothers want to engage, they want to do more, and they want to find ways to make more of their Masonic experience.
A lodge is only as strong as the time we put into it, and time is a precious resource. How will we choose to invest it? Masonry can be more than showing up at the lodge, visiting the pub, and stopping by the occasional ritual school. It is a shared experience. Earlier this month we had 25 Masons from five different lodges shoot some pool together. Last year 50 of us put on a Robert Burns table lodge, resplendent with kilts, Highlanders, music, and haggis. Through the pandemic, we held weekly, well-attended Zoom presentations with a host of excellent speakers. We can do this because enough brothers choose to make our fraternity stronger through their time investment.
So what do you want out of your Masonic experience? What time are you willing to invest? What do you want to do? We can make it happen. All it takes is that initial investment. You don’t need to shoulder the whole burden alone, either. That’s what we’re all here for- to help make these experiences fun, easy, and meaningful.
Best wishes to you all,
Message from the Secretary
Dues and donations can now be sent via PayPal! To send in your dues or donations, log into paypal.com and click on <Send> near the top of the page. Enter the email KemperMaconWare64@gmail.com and then <Next>. Enter the amount and click <Continue>. You can now review the details of the transaction and click <Send payment now> to finish.
We are trying to earn the Morlock Award again this year. This requires 20% of our members to contribute $5.00 or more to the Masonic Home of Virginia. This is an easy task to accomplish and helps benefit the MAHOVA. Our dues are $95 per year so if you are inclined to participate add the $5 to your dues for a total of $100.00.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact me. My telephone number is 703-237-0036 or by email at email@example.com.
Philip Niemann Rhodes, PDDGM
- Tuesday, June 15 – Lodge Instruction of Work at KMW.7:00p
- Wednesday, June 16 – District Instruction of Work at Elmer Timberman. 7:00p
- Thursday, June 17 – Fraternal Visit to Andrew Jackson Lodge. 6:30p.
- Presentation by Zero Cancer Non-Profit
- Saturday, June 19 – District Blood Drive at KMW, 8:00a-1:30p
- Tuesday, June 22 – Lodge Instruction of Work at KMW.7:00p
- Friday, June 25 – Springfield Lodge Table Lodge, $35, 7:30p
- Saturday, June 26 – Homeless Bagged Meal Program at Arlington Centennial Glebe Lodge, 11:00a
- Monday, June 28 – Fraternal Visit to Arlington Centennial Glebe Lodge. 6:30p
- Tuesday, June 29 – Called Communication for MM Catechism Return
- Tuesday, July 6 – Called Communication for EA Conferral
- Pizza dinner. 6:15p
- EA conferral. 7:00p
- Saturday, July 17 – Kena Robert Burns Night. $40. 5:00p
- Tuesday, July 27 – *Masters and Wardens meeting.
- O’Connor, Bro. Frank James – June 21, 1955 – 66 years
- Lentz, Bro. Charles James Jr. – June 19, 1956 – 65 years
- Rowe, Bro. F Crail – June 20, 1956 – 65 years
- McShea, W. William Russell – June 22, 1957 – 64 years
- Brown, Bro. Walter Rothwell – June 28, 1958 – 63 years
- Harper, W. Leroy Harold Jr.– June 8, 1961 – 60 years
- Lewis, Bro. Paul J. – June 19, 1962 – 59 years
- Smoot, Bro. Charles Randolph – June 29, 1962 – 59 years
- Richberg, W. James Hirman – June 11, 1966 – 55 years
- Hardwick, Bro. Jim Louis – June 21, 1966 – 55 years
- Heitz, Bro. William Dobbie Jr.– June 16, 1972 – 49 years
- Lilly, W. Neil Gene – June 1, 1973 – 48 years
- Kesterson, Bro. Steven Edward – June 4, 1975 – 46 years
- Landis, Bro. Robert Clyde – June 4, 1976 – 45 years
- Knight, Bro. Willard Carlyle – June 3, 1977 – 44 years
- Walker, Bro. Robert William – June 16, 1981 – 40 years
- Owens, Bro. Joe Brantley II – June 21, 1983 – 38 years
- O’Boyle, Bro. Michael William – June 17, 1988 – 33 years
- Haines, Bro. Howard K. Jr. – June 27, 1989 – 32 years
- McElwain, W. Eric Doyle – June 3, 1991 – 30 years
- McCarty, Bro. Leonard Eugene – June 21, 1991 – 30 years
- Richberg, Bro. Edwin Hiram – June 21, 1991 – 30 years
- Baker, Bro. Rabb Steven – June 22, 2001 – 20 years
- Bernstein, Bro. Steven Jay – June 23, 2011 – 10 years
- Brown, Bro. Troy Jabez – June 10, 2013 – 8 years
- Beaver, Bro. Daniel Lewis – June 13, 2017 – 4 years
* Masonic years calculated as of December 31, 2021