Trestleboard – September 2021
Kemper-Macon Ware Lodge No. 64 A.F. & A.M.
- Message from the Master
- Message from the Secretary
- Upcoming Events
- Masonic Birthdays
Message from the Master
Friends and Brothers,
Happy end of summer everyone! We only have a few months left in the masonic year, so let’s finish with a bang. We have several events this fall, so take a look and join us!
A special thank you to the brothers who have been showing up to help get the landscaping project knocked out. We’ve made good progress, but we still have some work to do. Stay tuned for details… we could use the extra hands!
Our August joint-Stated with Henry Knox Field – John Blair lodge was one for the ages. An hour before we opened the table lodge, the storm knocked out our power. No problem for the brothers! Our second go at a sauna lodge was much better than the first. We held the lodge by candlelight, we sang songs, we ate well, we sweated together. All in all, it was an evening none of us will forget anytime soon. The weather is starting to turn, so we may have to wait until next year for another sauna lodge.
Our September Stated is on the 14th. Worshipful Van Winkle will cook up a shrimp boil. Preferred dress is coat and tie.
On Sunday, October 17 we will host a family picnic (and games!) at Endless Caverns, complete with cave tours. In the evening, any brother willing to go underground can join us for a called communication and brief program. Stay tuned for more details.
Best wishes to you all,
Message from the Secretary
Dues and donations can now be sent via PayPal! To send in your dues or donations, log into paypal.com and click on <Send> near the top of the page. Enter the email KemperMaconWare64@gmail.com and then <Next>. Enter the amount and click <Continue>. You can now review the details of the transaction and click <Send payment now> to finish.
We are trying to earn the Morlock Award again this year. This requires 20% of our members to contribute $5.00 or more to the Masonic Home of Virginia. This is an easy task to accomplish and helps benefit the MAHOVA. Our dues are $95 per year so if you are inclined to participate add the $5 to your dues for a total of $100.00.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact me. My telephone number is 703-237-0036 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Philip Niemann Rhodes, PDDGM
- Tuesday, September 14 – September Stated Communication
- Dinner @ 6:30 pm
- Preferred dress is coat and tie
- Lodge opens at 7:30 pm
- Saturday, September 18 – Grand Master’s Official Visit at the Alexandria Scottish Rite (RSVP required)
- Tuesday, September 21 – Lodge Instruction of Work
- Tuesday September 27 – ACG Stated and Fraternal Visit
- Tuesday, September 28 – Entered Apprentice degree
- Wednesday, September 29 – SLOT Training at KMW
- Friday, October 1 – District 1A and 1B visit to Wyckoff Lodge No. 287 in New Jersey
- Tuesday, October 5 – Lodge Instruction of Work
- Tuesday, October 12 – Stated Communication
- Sunday, October 17 – Endless Caverns Family Event & Cave Lodge (details coming soon)
- Thursday, October 21 – Cherrydale-Columbia Stated and Fraternal Visit
- Tuesday, October 26 – Masters and Wardens Meeting
- November 3-7 – Grand Annual Communication (details to follow)
- Butler, James Lawrence Brother – September 14, 1954 – 67 years
- Coverston, Walter Lee Jr. Brother – September 13, 1955 – 66 years
- Dobbs, Theodore Burrell Brother – September 15, 1960 – 61 years
- Hemness, Raymond Leslie Brother – September 30, 1960 – 61 years
- Russell, James Charles Brother – September 12, 1961 – 60 years
- Wilson, Charles Thomas Brother – September 26, 1967 – 54 years
- Pence, Edwin Carrol Brother – September 17, 1968 – 53 years
- Laird, Gerald Harry Brother – September 2, 1970 – 51 years
- Showers, Lewis Lee Brother – September 25, 1976 – 45 years
- McGonegal, Francis Gordon Brother – September 19, 1978 – 43 years
- Chambers, Kirk McSherry Brother – September 7, 1979 – 42 years
- Phillips, Richard Albert Brother – September 5, 1980 – 41 years
- Riddell, Horace George Brother – September 7, 1984 – 37 years
- Peak, Roger Worley Right Worshipful – September 15, 1989 – 32 years
- Callahan, Sean Michael Brother – September 14, 1999 – 22 years
- Humphreys, Christopher Melvin Brother – September 23, 2000 – 21 years
- Keen, Michael Martin Brother – September 8, 2010 – 11 years
- Johnson, Justin Brother – September 8, 2010 – 11 years
* Masonic years calculated as of December 31, 2021