Trestleboard – April 2021
Kemper-Macon Ware Lodge #64 A.F. & A.M.
- Message from the Master
- Message from the Secretary
- Upcoming Events
- Masonic Birthdays
Message from the Master
To the Members of Kemper-Macon Ware Lodge No. 64,
I’d like to personally thank everyone who came out to our April Stated. We had thirty in attendance, including five prospects. We shared a homecooked meal provided by Worshipful Van Winkle and Brother Thomas. Worshipful Loudermilk gave an excellent presentation on the importance of Masonic ritual. I believe I speak for everyone when I say it was fantastic to get back into lodge with my brothers. This is just the first step, with many more to come.
For our May 11th Stated Communication we’ll have a home cooked pot roast dinner followed by an open presentation by Right Worshipful Don Strehle, our Grand Senior Warden. We will also vote on a petition to receive the degrees in Freemasonry. Mark it on your calendars!
Now that we’re back in business, there will be a few changes to our monthly schedule. The usual Tuesday Zoom presentations will be pared back to two a month, with the other Tuesdays reserved for our Lodge Instruction of Work ritual school. Please see below for details. We’re also working on setting up a few fun activities like bowling, pool, etc. I’ll provide details as available. Suggestions are welcome and encouraged.
Dues and donations can now be sent via PayPal! To send in your dues or donations, log into paypal.com and click on <Send> near the top of the page. Enter the email KemperMaconWare64@gmail.com and then <Next>. Enter the amount and click <Continue>. You can now review the details of the transaction and click <Send payment now> to finish.
Finally, we are continuing to build our website (kmw64.org) and online presence. Our Junior Warden, Josh Farrar, is leading the charge. Please join us on Facebook for regular updates. We welcome any and all input. Finding ways of connecting with our community, both locally and digitally, is critical to sustaining our growth.
Onward and upward,
Message from the Secretary
Please note that we have sent electronic dues notices out. The trust account which finances a large portion of lodge expenses has had the dividends reduced. Also, please note that since the pandemic, we have no rental income. So it is critical that members respond to the electronic dues notices rapidly.
We are trying to earn the Morlock Award again this year. This requires 20% of our members to contribute $5.00 or more to the Masonic Home of Virginia. This is an easy task to accomplish and helps benefit the MAHOVA. Our dues are $95 per year so if you are inclined to participate add the $5 to your dues for a total of $100.00.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact me. My telephone number is 703-237-0036 or by email at email@example.com.
Philip Niemann Rhodes, PDDGM
As we begin to reopen, we are reorganizing our monthly schedule:
- Tuesday, April 27 – Masters and Wardens Meeting. Details TBD.
- Tuesday, May 4 – Lodge Instruction of Work. 7:00 pm.
- Tuesday, May 11 –
- Dinner. Starts 6:00 or 6:15 pm.
- Zoom Presentation by Right Worshipful Don Strehle. 7:00 pm.
- Stated Communication. 7:30 pm.
- Tuesday, May 18 – Lodge Instruction of Work. 7:00 pm.
- Tuesday, May 25 – Zoom Presentation. 7:00 pm. Presenter TBD.
- Simmons, Bro. Sidney Lynwood – April 20, 1954 – 67 years
- Sullivan, Bro. Michael Edward – April 4, 1956 – 65 years
- Hallberg, Bro. Ernest Van Jr. – April 21, 1961 – 60 years
- Powlas, Bro. Luckey Lee – April 17, 1964 – 57 years
- Holley, Bro. Carlis Linwood – April 16, 1976 – 45 years
- Hawkins, Bro. Robert William – April 27, 1984 – 37 years
- Loudermilk, W. James Arville – April 18, 1986 – 35 years
- Hayes, W. Jeffrey Mark – April 24, 1992 – 29 years
- Sutton, W. Kinne Reese Jr. – April 13, 2003 – 18 years
- Halabi, Bro. Basem Yacoub – April 20, 2009 – 2 years
- Bushman, Bro. Joshua Everett – April 20, 2009 – 12 years
- Revollo Salazar, Bro. Jose Fernando – April 3, 2018 – 3 years