Trestleboard – March 2021
Kemper-Macon Ware Lodge No. 64 A.F. & A.M.
- Message from the Master
- Message from the Secretary
- Upcoming Events
- Masonic Birthdays
Message from the Master
To the Members of Kemper-Macon Ware Lodge No. 64,
Our Tuesday Zoom series continues apace. I would like to thank Right Worshipful David Potts, Worshipful Kinne Sutton, Worshipful Daniel Froggett, and Right Worshipful Roger Peak for contributing excellent presentations. We also had a great joint presentation with Henry Knox Field-John Blair and Henry Lodges after we closed our first in-person Stated of the year. Please join us on Zoom at 7:00 on Tuesdays whenever you can. It is always a fun hour. See the Upcoming Events section for the schedule.
A big thank you to the brothers that have been showing up on Saturday to help clean out the lodge, with a special acknowledgement to Brothers Kevin Thomas and Juver Quintanilla and Worshipfuls Troy Van Winkle and Ray Kasey. We emptied, scrubbed, and reorganized the pantry, kitchen, and shed over the last several weekends. Mary Strehle and Ray Gan of Unity Chapter No. 201 also joined in the festivities. I’m looking forward to working closely with Unity on some fun events later this year. Next up is updating the kitchen, sprucing up the fellowship hall, deep cleaning the bathrooms and stairwell, and getting ready for landscaping!
We had five prospects reach out to the lodge over the past several months, including several that have donated their time on Saturdays. Making new Masons is essential to building on our foundation, and we’re excited to see so much interest in the lodge, despite the virus. Please join me in connecting with them and spreading the good word about KMW.
Finally, we are continuing to build our website (kmw64.org) and online presence. Our Junior Warden, Josh Farrar, is leading the charge. Please join us on Facebook for regular updates. We welcome any and all input. Finding ways of connecting with our community, both locally and digitally, is critical to sustaining our growth.
Onward and Upward,
Message from the Secretary
Please check and see if you have a 2021 Dues Card. If you do, Great! If you don’t, please send a check to:
Kemper Macon Ware Lodge No. 64.
P.O. Box 705
Falls Church, VA 22040-0705
The dues are $95.00. We are trying to earn the Morlock Award again this year, so we need 34 members to contribute. The Morlock Award is a $5.00 contribution by 20% of the membership. This is an easy reach for our lodge. Please consider making a $5.00 contribution – it helps the lodge and helps our Masonic Home.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact me. My telephone number is 703-237-0036 or by email at email@example.com.
Philip Niemann Rhodes, PDDGM
Here is the list of upcoming events:
- Tuesday, March 23, 7:00p – Worthy Matron Mary Strehle: “An Overview of the Order of the Eastern Star” (Zoom)
- Tuesday, March 30, 7:00p – Most Worshipful James Dean Cole, Sovereign Grand Commander, Scottish Rite (Zoom)
- Tuesday, April 6, 7:00p – Brother Edmundo Mireles: “FBI Miami Firefight” (Zoom)
- Tuesday, April 13 –
- 7:00p – Worshipful Michael Brennan: “27” (Zoom)
- 7:30p – April Stated Communication (In-Person at KMW)
- Tuesday, April 20, 7:00p – Job’s Daughters of Bethel 1 (Zoom)
- Cochran, Bro. Arthur Frank – March 22, 1957 – 64 years
- Allen, Bro. Scott – March 25, 1957 – 64 years
- Harrill, Bro. Robert Boyce – March 18, 1966 – 55 years
- Mutersbaugh, Bro. Donald Gregory Sr. – March 3, 1967 – 54 years
- Sanders, Bro. Barry Smith – March 31, 1967 – 54 years
- Parsons, Bro. Robert James – March 1, 1968 – 53 years
- Douglas, Bro. Harold James – March 20, 1970 – 51 years
- Hansel, Bro. John Richard – March 6, 1974 – 47 years
- Kasey, W. Raymond Vance – March 4, 1976 – 45 years
- Taylor, M.W. Gary Wallace – March 1, 1977 – 44 years
- Palmer, W. Douglas Mills III – March 20, 1979 – 42 years
- Daughtry, Bro. James Ventress – March 21, 1980 – 41 years
- Grubb, Bro. Perry Douglas – March 6, 1981 – 40 years
- Saab, Bro. Constantine Michel – March 6, 2002 – 19 years
- Owen, Bro. Daniel Guy – March 20, 2007 – 14 years
- Morrison, Bro. David Robert – March 4, 2014 – 7 years
- Propst, Bro. Michael Lynn – March 21, 2016 – 5 years
- Farrar, Bro. Joshua Kenneth – March 13, 2017 – 4 years
- King, Bro. John Everett – March 13, 2017 – 4 years
- Thomas, Bro. Kevin Franklin – March 9, 2020 – 1 years
*Masonic years calculated as of December 31, 2021